|IRC Nick||Time (GMT-7)||Message|
|Nickmatic||13:12||Hi all- Anyone have any tips on getting a Firebreath plugin working as part of a Chrome extension? I'm tearing my hair out trying to figure it out. At Richard
At Richard's suggestion, I've looked at the webpg-chrome plugin and even modified it to use the FBTestPlugin example, but it does not load. Some history of my inquiry on firebreath-dev is here: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/firebreath-dev/UXPy7git-l8
My modifications were: 1. change the MIME Type, 2. Add the FBTestPlugin dll to the plugins folder, 3. Change the plugins section of the manifest. I also added MessageBox() calls to the FBTestPlugin source at various points, and I can see the one fire at StaticInitialize(), but not the one in FBTestPluginAPI::FBTestPluginAPI(). Same issue as what I was seeing in my own extension (see firebreath-dev thread).
|jshanab_||14:12||On mac my plugin that I symlink has spaces in the name, I guess it is becasue it is a directory. Where do I change that, it makes the symlink weird
PLUGIN_NAME or FBSTRING_PluginName
|jshanab||15:12||or mac, it is FBSTRING_PluginName that determines the name of the .plugin we link :-)|
|kylehuff||15:12||Nickmatic: I didn't do anything special when I wrote the plugin that goes into webpg-chrome. if your plugin loads fine on a normal HTML page, it should in theory load fine in the background page of a chrome extension
the source for the plugin used in webpg-chrome (webpg-npapi) is available here if helps you at all: https://github.com/webpg/webpg-npapi
|Nickmatic||16:12||Thanks Kyle- I'm sure it's something unbelievably obscure that's tripping me up here. I think my next step is to try to compile your plugin from source and see if that loads for me. Kind of running out of ways to narrow this down.|
I took your source, modified the plugin name, GUIDs, etc, and it loads just fine. THANK YOU!
Not sure what the difference is between yours and the example but I'm a happy camper now.
|kylehuff||19:12||Nickmatic: glad to hear. one difference that I am aware of, is that my plugin is compiled as a windowless plugin, so it doesn't have any drawing support. those flags are in the PluginConfig.cmake file. I doubt that difference is the reason mine works and the example didn't, but it could be I guess.
err, it may not be windowless, however, drawing support is disabled.