|IRC Nick||Time (GMT-7)||Message|
|taxilian||00:01||jtojanen: well, I guess false alarm; I thought I found something, but the refcount still stays at 3.
hoping you find something
I need to go to bed =]
|FB_GitHubBot||00:01||FireBreath: firebreath-1.4 Richard Bateman * 4f3f5f5 (4 files in 2 dirs): Additional tweaks / improvements for activex stability - http://bit.ly/fnC1iH
FireBreath: master Richard Bateman * b62b65a (4 files in 2 dirs): Additional tweaks / improvements for activex stability - http://bit.ly/hFVhB7
|JD__||06:01||hi. I'm a total FB noob but looking to maybe use it on a project. I notice the 1.4 beta just came out, any advice which version I should look at for learning FB?|
|nitrogenycs||06:01||JD__: in general the newest version is best I think|
|JD__||06:01||Wondered since beta is touted as a big change, if I should use that or the last stable version... any idea how stable the beta is?
I guess all the docs and examples are targeting 1.3 though.
|nitrogenycs||06:01||It depends on your needs I guess. Do you need any of the new features, don't you mind having to upgrade later etc
If you want a really qualified answer, wait till taxilian_away turns into taxilian and ask him :)
|JD__||06:01||like I said I'm a noob so the feature list is not that clear to me :) But thanks, I'll see if taxilian turns up
or ask in the mailing list
|taxilian||08:01||they're always gone before I get back… :-P|
fixed a couple of serious-ish-in-certain-cases bugs yesterday
ill update a bit later, i have been rampaging on the engine itself for now
my internet was being super flakey, so i just kept working at it and got some progress. not enough though
|taxilian||08:01||well, progress is still progress. What holds you up the most?|
|FuzzYspo0N||09:01||i think i was just getting annoyed with the fact that after starting over, firefox saw the plugin, where as chrome didnt
Then i couldn't get the debugger attached to firefox at all, so i ended up making my engine into a dll of sorts that i can load from the plugin
|taxilian||09:01||that's really weird
I still haven't figured out the chrome issue; had to fix the other thing first, since it was a more serious issue
I'll look at it now, though
i think it might a configuration issue, or something
i had dont a lot of things with the same name, checked out multiiple copies, all in a short time and all without cleaning up
i removed all traces of the stuff and will start from scratch for real, to see what the situtation is
can you use the same plugin in 2 different browsers at the same time?
it will be loaded into each process
|taxilian||09:01||hmm. the good news is that I'm pretty sure I know the root cause of the crash on Chrome
the bad news is that I dont' think there is a real fix
LOL. This is too funny. Chromium has *in the source* a "quirks" bitset variable; it checks the mimetype and depending on the plugin enables different npapi quirks for that plugin...
|jshanab_wcw||09:01||The great thing about standards...So many to choose from :-(|
wow. so to check out the chromium source, you use this util called gclient
aparently once you start it, you can't stop it
ctrl-c brought me back to the terminal, but it's still going in the background
will just have to hope that it gets the files I need soon...
I have learned a new truth today
"Eternity is waiting for the Chromium source to check out"
I think I'll go buy a light fixture
|taxilian||10:01||FuzzYspoON: well, looks like there is no way around it; I'm not totally sure why, but we definitely have to detach the window and reattach another one in Chrome|
|FuzzYspo0N||10:01||taxilian, ok noted|